Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Best-Ever Banana Bread

We may be talking soon about baking cakes here on ETW. (oh no, what does it mean when you give your blog a nickname?)
I promised this recipe to a twitter friend who asked me to post it to a blog. Since this is my "main" blog, I thought I might as well share it here. Not ed nor tech, it may still be the best thing I've ever shared here. That is cause this banana bread is GOOD. And easy. And really, really good. Everyone loves it. I just made some the other night. And I did try to take a picture to post, but the picture just didn't do it justice. So no picture.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

1/2 cup canola or veg oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 or 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips until you have a nice, smooth batter. Add chips. Pour into 2 greased bread pans and bake at 350 deg. for about 45 minutes. The chocolate chips will sink to the bottom.

1 comment:

Jewlearn-it said...

You really make the best Banana bread I have ever tried. I cross my hearth she's telling the truth!