Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Meme Passion Quilt

Thanks to Silvia Tolisano of Langwitches for tagging me for the Passion Quilt meme.
Directions: Find or create an image that captures what you are most passionate for kids to learn about.
This is a great (as in good and fun) challenge for me. I decided to find an image on flickr creative commons rather than to create one. One hard part for me was to choose and express a superlative passion as I have many. The hardest part for me is going to be finding the 5 people to tag. 

The first three words of my caption "we can solve" really sum up the feeling behind the image. WE connotes a collaborative approach, a desire and ability to work with others. No one person can do it all alone. CAN: I truly desire to leave each of my students with a sense of confidence in their own abilities, a feeling of "I can do it" no matter what "it" is. Finally SOLVE: I see using technology as one way to develop a flexibility of the mind, an ability to problem solve quickly and in many different ways (learn, unlearn, relearn). 

We Can Solve This.
3 Simple Meme Rules:
• Post a picture from a source like Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn...and give your picture a short title.
• Title your blog post "Meme: Passion Quilt" and link back to this blog entry.
• Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce. (What is Pownce?)

Tag. Your turn -- what are you passionate about sharing with the kids you teach?
•Marsha Goren from Global Dreamers
•Barbara Cohen from Independent Thinking
•Graham Hughes from The 25 Hour Day
•jupiterjase from twitter. I don't know his(her?)blog yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I love this image. It will be perfect for the passion quilt. I am looking forward to seeing the finished image.